Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to kiptech@earthlink.net stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Window 7 and Kip 8000 Compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech4U
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Window 7 and Kip 8000 Compatibility Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to know if there is any Kip software that can be loaded onto a Windows 7 PC that can be used as a scan to file PC. The XP scan to file has taken a nose dive and the customer wants to upgrade to 7 since they have upgraded all the work stations to 7. From what I have heard this is not possible. Also is there Request software for Windows 7 that can be loaded on the work stations that will still connect to the embedded XP controller in the 8000? I appreciate any help.[/b] [/b]

pq
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure on KIP Scan software...think the last ver released was 6.5.x

Request 7.x no problem; pretty sure you need the kipserve patch for mixed environments on the embedded 8K controller; search on that term and you should find hits for the specific version/file

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PQ is correct about the KIPserve patch for mixed environments. That patch will update the kipserve.exe file on the controller to 3/12/2010

Then the request 7.X versions will be able to talk to it.

I have not had a chance to try making the Scan 6.5 software work on Windows 7 yet. Not sure its possible.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I confirm the Kip Scan DOES NOT WORK on windows 7. I have it tried (even if I knew it) in last july with bad results. And it's even on 64bit or 32 bit.

But everything else work fine if you have the mixed patch in controller.

Tech4U
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys for the help. I appreciate it as always.

caltech
resident

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to try XP Mode for Windows 7. It's a free download from Microsoft, it runs XP in a Virtual Environment on Win 7. I haven't tried it for KIP Scan but have used it for other legacy software and devices.

foustd
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone have the KIPserve mixed enviroment patch? Or know where I can obtain it? I am unable to locate it on KIP's 7.X only App Store.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to email me at tim@bonnevilleblue.com I'll send it to you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: