Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to kiptech@earthlink.net stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3100 BAD FILE error when printing pdf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JIM V
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: KIP 3100 BAD FILE error when printing pdf Reply with quote Back to top

The above machine gives a printout as follows when printing pdf's:
Bad File!
(Date stamp information) Kip Code:WINOPOVI Media Type: BOND
Invalid Vector File: 5192M001-Layout1.pdf
We are not able to preview the pdf in KIP Request but we can via Acroba Reader or Proffesional. Is this a file problem or a software/machine issue? Thanks, Jim

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what if you try printing it via acrobat / kip windows driver?

TimmH

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have this same problem.

It seems to me it's older .pdf versions.

Anything 1.6 or older comes up with this error when printing Via PrintNet or Print Request.

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this happening on a Windows 7 or Vista work station? If so, try right mouse clicking on Request & running as admin. For some reason the newer OS will require security rights. That should fix your PDF problems also. If that does fix your problem have your IT guy go into the security file on the Request side to give you full rights.

Knoxtech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: pdf issue on 3100 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the opposite problem as stated above. A new customer of mine can preview in Request and can print the pdf from request. But cannot do either from Acrobat Pro. He has Windows 7 on workstation, KIP running 6.5.492. I'm guessing KIP needs update to Powerprint 7 ?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not really Knoxtech, If it's print from Request, than it's not an IPS software problem.

But, I suggest you to update the Windows driver to 5.13 and use TCP/IP standard port to print on it.

To have all chance on your side, make sure you update KipServe in your IPS if you want to stay at 6.5.485.

Again, for better chance, yes update to 7.2.280, this one is very stable. (you don't have to install Kipserve patch at this point)

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We usually only have problems with PDF's that were created with a different PDF maker than normal.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to answer you Jim, Like gath99 says, I also have more problem when the pdf file is create with some free pdf creator.

You can try to update your PScript file in your IPS AND the workstation. sometimes it work.

Nathan_Snapper
resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is the free PDF converter used? I have had this problem just from adobe that get files from other companies that either print to a PDF or convert DWG to a pdf. then it either sits in the queue and doesn't print.
Also has anyone had a file that would be converted in AutoCAD and then it wouldn't print? Just need to know. I haven't had this problem yet but i will soon enough with software updates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: