Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to kiptech@earthlink.net stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Printing From Kip Request to the Manual Feed Tray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Printing From Kip Request to the Manual Feed Tray Reply with quote Back to top

We have been trying to print from a PDF in the KIP Request to our KIP 8000 or KIP 7000 manual feed tray.
The only way in which its working is by using our scanner to copy with sheet loaded in Manual feed tray. we would like to go straight from the file in KIP Request.
we have tried with the sheet on the manual feed tray and the rolls loaded but The printer feeds both at the same time and there is a jam.
If the rolls are unloaded and we just have the manual feed bypass tray loaded then the Kip Request program says there are no rolls and its waiting for a copy to finish.
Any suggestions? is there a button or adjustment to make in the Kip Request program that will make it use the Manual Feed Bypass tray?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the request ini you need to turn on

allowcutsheet=1

This is only available in the new versions of request. I think 6.5 and higher.

stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we have request 6.5

i turned on the ini
allowcutsheet=1

also restarted printer and computer.
i tried submitting jobhowever the same problems are occurring.
what steps should be taken now to get it to go to the cut sheet?

stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking of upgrading to kip request 7.
Pro's Cons????

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried calling the KIP software guys? Maybe there is something else I don't know about.

I have not tried the KIP 7 software on any legacy machines yet so I am of no help to you there.

stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no worries.
will try that for sure.
thanks for the help!

Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After changing the ini to allow cutsheet.KIP request will have a check box to check when you want to print to the bypass. Do you see the box to check after changing the ini?

stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no check box visible.
does that mean i changed it incorrectly?

stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The cut sheet option is up!
how it finally worked.
i was changing the .ini and then restarting the computer before opening Request, however every time i restarted the computer it reset the .ini, causing the
allowcutsheet=0
so i restarted the computer then opened up the .ini first, changed allowcutsheet=1 and saved it.
then opened KIP Request without restarting the computer and the Cut Sheet check box is now there.
i may have to do this everytime the computer is restarted but at least it is working.
is there a way to permanently save the .ini so it won't reset with the restarting of the computer?

Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when you change the ini file you need to make sure request is not running when you try to change it. also make sure you are saving the file be fore you close it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: