Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to kiptech@earthlink.net stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP vs OCE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Repro-HOUSE
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: KIP vs OCE Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking at either the oce tds 800 or the xerox 721 (kip 8000) which machine would you guys go for and why?

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

None of the above. Oce will become your partner. The Xerox 721 can only run the Xerox toner and will cost you a fortune.

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a Kip 8000! Do you think you would come to a Kip site and someone would recommend an OCE or a Xerox over the Kip?

Check them all out and go with the unit that provides the best price / performance and you will be very happy with your Kip.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No two ways about it, the 8000 is the best high speed plotter out there. There are just so many benefits to it over it's competition. The Xerox version is nice, but you have to deal with thier software. Some might say that is a plus, but I think KIP software is finally coming of age and is world class software. Kudos to Philly B, Al D, The Ship man, Tony, Rajeve and all the others that work on this software. You guys are the true shining star at KIP.

Jm
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know why the Oce print quality is better than the 8000? I have had more than one company say to me that some prints they have to print on the Oce because the 8000 just can't print the fine lines the Oce does. One place had the Oce TDS800 and a Kip 8000 on the same computer using PLP. No mater what I did the prints on the Oce was better. Our 8000 had about 2,000sq feet on it.

Thanks

JM

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.oce.com/en/about/Technologies/CopyPress.htm

The link above will explain the print process. Superior quality prints, but very costly to maintain 9800 & TDS800. Software is pricy also.

Jm
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.oceusa.com/main/view_media.jsp?WebLogicSession=F1DL8JTT1vgzT0GG14JTp5Fghqg51019vgbrnJjV8cnJSQ0Qyb3G!153222475&CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673285191&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=9852723696574515&bmUID=1166000969640&content_path=/media/Assets/PDFs/ProductRelated/WideFormat/FromJoyce/08-OceCopyPress_v1_m56577569830476479.pdf

The above link is more detailed.

Afew technical points: The printhead is liquid cooled. The drum is cooled from the core by fan air movement. Process is very similar to offset press printing.

scanmike
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me weigh in on the OCE. It is difficult to compare apples to oranges. Every system has their benifits and draw-backs. OCE may produce a quality copy under certain circumstances, but the 8000 or 721 will give you reliable production without dealing with the inflexable OCE style of doing business. Kip and Xerox do not put restrictions on you like OCE does (paper contracts, toner contracts, service etc) am a 721 rep and find no problem with the Xerox version. I like the controller and software. I run whole shops on it.

Mike

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right you are Mike. That PLP front end is the berries.

(hey, how do like your clock?)

scanmike
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love the clock but the pens are the best, hate to see them run into low ink. Sorry I don't check in as often as I should

Thanks
Mike
DPS

james
resident

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've yet been able to aquire Xerox 721 printer and s/w documentation. Not even the parts list. Kip offers service training/documentation to end users and ISOs, I don't think Xerox does.

By far Kip is more ISO friendly than Xerox.
How much is Xerox s/w for the 721? Does anyone know the price of the s/w, or if it's even available? Or do ISO's have to be pirates?

I feel Xerox can't come close to Kip for ISO service ability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: